Oliver Cromwell represented a climactic point in post-Reformation Western civilization. But few Christian heroes have been as maligned since. In this special Movie Night presentation, Christian historians and experts on the life of Oliver Cromwell, Dr. Joe Morecraft and Bill Potter, offer their review of the film “Cromwell” from 1970 starring Richard Harris and Sir Alec Guinness.
If you'd like to watch this film with a group of friends or family, you can listen to the opening discussion before seeing the movie, then pause the audio, and listen to the afterglow discussion with the attendees at the end.
Audio Run Time: 1 hour, 52 minutes
Includes in the Discussion:
- What the movie gets right and wrong about the history
- What caused the English Civil Wars
- How Cromwell Defeated King Charles I
- The Impact of Cromwell on the Development of American Law
- Cromwell’s Virtues
- The Birth of the New Model Army
- How John Bunyan (the author of Pilgrim’s Progress) was a part of this history
- What we can learn from the mistakes of Oliver Cromwell
Purchase MP3 Download